CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

14.8.06

You can't cast a bloody love spell...

Practical Magic – Something so basic and sweet about this movie. I love the performances. ALL of them. The eyes on Goran Visjnic were fantastic and his performance worth picking it up alone. I like the story line, the way the older ways are mixed w/ the new. The emphasis on the simple basic facts: you can’t practice magic half-assed, exorcisms are more complicated than a chant and a douse. It is not something I have to watch everyday, but I enjoy it when it is on.

My big problems: I don't care how you word it, or what you think you are doing: "YOU CANNOT CAST A LOVE SPELL!!!" They try to slip by in this movie by the girl casting a spell with the intention of never falling in love and "Whoops!" it turns out attracting her perfect mate. Even her first love and marriage was caused by her aunts giving her a "push". I hated this. If you aren't ready to fall in love and truly happy with yourself, you will never be happy with anyone else. So blessed be - the goddess is real and walks among us. You cannot use any spell/prayer/energy manipulation to "make" someone fall in love with you.

0 Thoughts: