CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

14.8.06

Speaking of disappointment

Red Dragon – this was enjoyable mostly for the fact that Ed Norton’s character is living on Marathon Key where my best friend got married. It brought back memories and joi - of the island. Wasn't I supposed to be paying attention to the movie? Comparisions to Manhunter were unavoidable. I felt the original was far superior. Other than that I was unimpressed. I was hoping for more. I have vivid memories of finishing the book in the back seat of the mini-van when I was like 10 on vacation with my family. I reached the very tail end of the book as we were waiting in the car and my mom was checking us into the hotel. It was my fatal mistake – she saw what I was reading thru the window and got upset w/ me because she didn’t want me reading it yet, I was too young. It was too late, but I remember being sternly talked to about sneaking into my mom’s books.

0 Thoughts: