CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

14.8.06

Too true

Wit – A woman is diagnosed w/ cancer, gets sick, gets treatment, and dies. Very well done, Emma Thompson at the top of her game. The terrifying parts were the reality of being so very alone at the end. They dealt with so many of the issues I see people deal with every day and are subtly missed by most productions. So much more was expressed in the silences, in the space between big events. I fully fess up to crying like a lil girl who skinned her knee and just found out her puppy died. When I had my first cancer scare this year – I couldn’t describe it so well how I felt, but this movie was the only image reverberating in my head as I lay all afternoon alone in the hospital room. (the tumor is small and benign – YAY!!!)

0 Thoughts: