CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

16.8.06

Oh oh I cried buckets...

Secondhand Lions – I admit walking into this movie I was expecting drivel. I’d seen the previews, and was quite frankly watching it solely because I love Michael Caine and Robert Duvall. I was slowly drawn into the story. It is humorous without being syrupy sweet, the ending was predictable on many levels, little boi unwanted by his mother left to live w/ his 2 great uncles. They are mean and crotchety and unpredictable and eventually come to love him. There is sadness and it doesn't play out as planned. The final twist was again, sweet – but did not leave me w/ a toothache. And I cried, but then again a fatherless girl who lost both of her grandfathers before she was old enough to walk does that every now and again.

0 Thoughts: