CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

21.7.08

From Kirill w/ love

Confessions:1 I am not the world's biggest fan of Vincent Cassel, you'd think that I would be: he is an excellent actor. I'm just not. Something about him just rattles me, not in a good way. 2 I am not the biggest fan of Viggo Mortenson's acting either - not that he isn't amazing, just that I'd rather hear his poetry.
All of this being said.
Eastern Promises was brilliant. Absolutely brilliant - twisty & turny & chock full of suspense and goreful gritty wrongs. There is the Russian mob - even touching on the story the tattoos across the body telling the story of the man. Underage prostitution, rape, bastard births, & murder - that's just the first 1/2 hour. Naomi Watts plays a perfectly naive creature who finds herself caught in the middle. Vincent's character can't get it up, channeling his desires and shame into violence and prideful boasting. Viggo's character is a double agent giving up his freedom to take over the local family & ultimately protects Naomi & her family & the orphan child. Justice for all, but to watch it unfold - perfectly brilliant.

0 Thoughts: